Raja Ampat Aggressor Feb 3 - Cancelled Space

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquabluegreg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Raja Ampat Aggressor
February 3-10, 2023
Emergency Cancellation

RAAggressor-01.jpg

I have a diver on the Raja Ampat Aggressor Feb 3-10 trip who has to have emergency surgery on his back and cannot travel to Indonesia for this trip. If you can travel with a moment's notice and want to dive Raja Ampat, make me an offer for this berth.

We also have an add-on trip to NAD-Lember Feb 10-17, 2023 if you might be interested.

Wanted to know how your experience on the new ship was. Planning this for later in the year and was interested if the aggressor change made the boat worse

I have requested my divers to provide reviews of the boat. First comment:
"...there was also a small cockroach and sugar ant problem aboard. I spoke to the cruise director about it and he seemed to be properly concerned."

I have requested my divers to provide reviews of the boat. First comment:
"...there was also a small cockroach and sugar ant problem aboard. I spoke to the cruise director about it and he seemed to be properly concerned."
A cockroach problem on board is actually really easy to have being that many people, their gear, supplies, and food is brought on and off on the boat weekly. I went on the original Raja Ampat Aggressor (Ocean Rover) and that was excellent all around, including the crew and safety. It’s the only Aggressor boat I’ve been on as I usually favor other vessels in destinations they also operate in but I’m curious how the new one is as well.

Here's a few notes:
1. LOB is generally nice, but not the best setup for diving.
2. Cruise director, Pep, did an excellent job.
3. Food was good
4. Cabins have twin beds, not the best setup for a couple who want to sleep together.
5. Dive guides not the best compared to the guides at NAD-Lembeh.

I might not recommend this ship for couples who want to sleep together. More to follow.

Here's a few notes:
1. LOB is generally nice, but not the best setup for diving.
2. Cruise director, Pep, did an excellent job.
3. Food was good
4. Cabins have twin beds, not the best setup for a couple who want to sleep together.
5. Dive guides not the best compared to the guides at NAD-Lembeh.

I might not recommend this ship for couples who want to sleep together. More to follow.

Good info, thank you! In general, I have found land based guides better than liveaboard guides for a specific area. That seems to make sense since they are there day in and day out. I have been on the same dive sites multiple times with both day operators and liveaboards in a few areas. The same site is dived but it's so interesting how the dive differs based on which section of the reef is dived based on the guide's knowledge or experience or where they know to look for critters and what critters, or even when to dive it if the dive experience is affected by tides and current.

With that said, NAD is great. I love them.

As an FYI, the Tambora is no longer part of the Aggressor Fleet as the Raja Ampat Aggressor II. The replacement ship is the Ocean Rover now simply called the Raja Ampat Aggressor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom