Radio Island - Lost Weight Belt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

suthnbelle

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
If anyone is out at Radio Island anytime soon and you come across a pink zippered wet belt, please let me know. I lost it out there today. It has 7lbs of weight in it so it shouldn't be going anywhere.

Thanks!

How did you lose your weight belt? Didn't you notice it was gone? Now I don't feel so bad about not noticing the fin that fell off at Fantasy lake last month (fortunately RichinNC found it for me)

i found a pink web belt with 10lb on the papoose, but i left it there...

LindaBluedolphin:
How did you lose your weight belt? Didn't you notice it was gone?

Yeah, I noticed it was gone when I kept wondering why the heck I couldn't get down. Add a 7mil, an AL80 (I couldnt use my 98 that day and rented instead) and a lot of saltwater - I wasn't going anywhere. Vis sucked - worse than Nags Head shore dive. My butt is getting on a boat dive sometime before this year is up. I need to actually SEE something. BigWhiteSquare and I still had fun even though the dive didn't really happen. He spent a lot of time looking for my belt but the vis was so bad that we weren't going to find it.

Regarding the belt: the webbing was a little short and I obviously didn't have it buckled/cinched very well. It is one of the zippered belts that you put soft weights into. I'm going to get some pockets to go on my harness.

I can relate, I have the same type of belt (but not pink, imagine that something that isn't pink). Several years ago I dove on the U-352 and could not figure out why I has having such a hard time getting down, and once down I was fighting to stay down...well, I guess that is what happens when you FORGET your weight belt.

yeah, or cam band weights.

Mel, did your weightbelt ever turn up?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom