R.I.P. Kenny Lee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Myrran

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
LAGUNA BEACH – A scuba diver died Sunday afternoon after he became stuck in rocks off the Laguna Beach coast, officials said.

Kenny Lee, 41, was scuba diving with a friend when he became tangled underneath the waters, said Sgt. Louise Callus of the Laguna Beach Police Department.
The friend tried to help free his friend off the rocks in an area nicknamed Giggle Crack,
and then called for help from lifeguards when he was unable to, Callus said.

Giggle Crack is a rocky area near Diver's Cove frequented by divers, Callus said.

The two friends had gone diving in Diver's Cove on Sunday afternoon, but Lee became stuck in the rocks at about 2:30 p.m. While he was stuck, Lee's breathing equipment began to malfunction, Callus said.

Whether the equipment malfunctioned because of the rocks or while he was trying to free himself is unknown, Callus said.

Lee, of Irvine, was taken to Saddleback Memorial Medical Center in Laguna Hills, where he was pronounced dead an hour later.

Lee was identified by the coroner's department.

Rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers to his friends and family.

Yeah, My prayers to out to his family as well. This is something you never want to hear about.

I'm very saddened to hear this. I dove Shaw's cove just north of where he was the day before. It got really rough. I wear a pony bottle with separate reg. I always thought it was over kill for Laguna. Now I don't.
You can never be too careful and it's amazing how fast things can go wrong.
Dive safe everyone.

R.I.P. My sincere condolences to his family and friends

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom