Quick trip to Thailand. Where to go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joelpat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've got a business trip planned for late March/Early April, with enough time for 3 days of diving tacked onto the end.
I got my OW (I'm now AOW/EAD) at Koh Tao, and loved it, but I wonder if getting in and out on my limited schedule/budget will be tough.
I will be traveling alone, so I'm looking for somewhere friendly, but a party scene isn't really important. Good food and nice people is.

Any suggestions?

I would recommend a liveabaord to the Similans. You automatically get to be with a group of people with similar interests, have dinner companions, and the "party scene" consists of a couple of beers at the end of the day, and maybe watch a DVD.

Is that realistic for a short trip? I'd be leaving BKK on Friday evening, and need to be back on a plane headed for North America by Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.

I'd just assumed it wasn't enough time for a liveaboard.

That means you could go diving on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. So yes, a liveaboard is an option, provided there are options that go to Ko Tachai and Richelieu Rock in your timeframe. If not, I would prefer daytrips from Phuket to Bida Islands (Phi Phi) and Shark Point area over a 3 day liveaboard to Similans only.

Is that realistic for a short trip? I'd be leaving BKK on Friday evening, and need to be back on a plane headed for North America by Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.

I'd just assumed it wasn't enough time for a liveaboard.
Sure, it's possible. You won't do much other than dive, though, if that's an issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom