Quick Jaunt From New York. Where should we go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnstires

Reaction score
My wife an I want to take a break over X-Mas (22-26th) and go somewhere warm, where we can sit around on the beach and do nothing, except maybe scuba dive one day. We live in NYC so and we want to go someplace that does not take a long time to get to (5 hours tops).

We've found a great direct flight to Nassau, but it seems as though all the hotels are booked. And the ones that are available are over $200 a night and seem to be large, impersonable hotels.

We are looking for suggestions for places that are relatively close to NYC, affordable, by the beach, and somewhat small, like a B and B or retreat center (we'd be willing to pay for something like this). It doesn't have to be in Nassau.

If anyone is familiar with Tulum Mexico, that situation was ideal. We stayed at Maya Tulum and it was perfect. Yet we'd like to try a different location.

Affordable and over Christmas usually don't mix.

If I forget about your budget concerns, Turks and Caicos fits perfect.

Well we just got a direct flight to Nassau for a little over $300 thru Delta, so we're off to a good start.

We are considering staying at the Orange Hill Beach Inn.

www.orangehill.com

We are looking to rent bikes while we are out there to get around. Does anyone know if it Nassau is bike friendly. Orange Hill is near the airport. We're hoping that we can get to nearby beaches and restaurants by bike. Is that possible at this location?

I've never been to Nassau, but it's on my "to do" list. You should at least get some good shark diving in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom