Quick intro from a new diver.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just found out about this forum, so I thought I would register and say Hi! I live in Alexandria, VA (5 miles from DC) and received my PADI OW and dry suit cert this summer. I haven't actually been diving since I received my cert because I've been having trouble finding people to go diving with (which is something that has been a huge disappointment/frustration for me with diving.)

If anyone has any suggestions for me on how to find people to dive with, please let me know! Especially if I can find people who are willing to dive when it's cold out. I'd like to dive more than just three months in the summer.

Thanks, and nice to meet you all!

Hello from suburban Chicago!

How about checking with your dive shop, as a starter? Or your instructors?

I tagged-a-long with dive shop for the first few months... my instructors didn't mind and I was around people that knew what to do in case of emergency...

I'm not familiar with the DC area re diving. If you have a specific area you want to dive you may find buddies in the country sub forums--parts of the U.S., etc. I've had success with that a couple of times.

howdy and welcome from southeast florida....

I just moved from Del Rey to the Philippines.

Blue Octopus Scuba on Duke are pretty friendly and they can probably hook you up with a group.

Thank you all for your welcomes and suggestions. Pengelam, I'll check out Blue Octopus and see if they have any helpful suggestions. The place I went through only offers classes and very expensive trips, no local diving. I'll try the Mid-Atlantic group as well. Thanks again, and I really look forward to getting some more diving in!

I too am not familiar with the DC area. But I would recommend you contact local Dive Clubs and contact your local dive shop for information about local dive clubs. A quick search of the internet shows the below dive clubs in the DC, Maryland and Virginia area all of which are possible suspects for you.
Here on SCUBA Board check Mid-Atlantic States
For other possible dive clubs check these links:
DC/VA/MD Scuba Meetup Group
Scuba Diving Clubs - Washington DC
Scuba Diving Clubs - Maryland
http://www.scubanova.com/

Back
Top Bottom