Quick Hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Duncan Price

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a cave (sump) diver from the UK. I've absolutely no interest in open water diving, wrecks, fish or whatever. I'm interested in anything to do with diving physiology, equipment, techniques etc. that can help me explore caves. The diving bit is just a tool, although I'd be happy to respond in kind when I feel that I have something useful to contribute.

Thank-you and have a good day.

Duncan

Disclaimer: Cave diving is a potentially hazardous activity which should only be undertaken by persons with suitable experience and equipment.

Duncan

Hello from another UK diver but one whose interest in diving is diametrically opposed to your own! Never mind each to his own and safe diving!

regards

Duncan!! I look forward to more of your acerbic and biting wit on this board.

chickie

welcome to the board Duncan Price:)

got4boyz once bubbled...
So are you interesting in exploring caves that aren't underwater??? Just wonderin'.

Sure - the diving bit is just a means to get through bits of the cave that are full of (murky cold) water, just as ropework skills are useful for going down and up vertical drops. Getting to the bit where the diving starts can be a lot of hard work but it does give me the opportunity to "boldly go etc."

Recreational cave diving in (for example) some of the easy access, clear and warm Florida springs is not really my thing though I do enjoy it when I get the chance.

Duncan

So I guess you are a true spelunker by heart, not a diver! That's OK you can hang out here anyway. I like spelunking too, but not as much as diving! :)

Congrat's on joining the Board! Welcome from Florida. We have lots of natural springs that have caves that you can dive here. Have a great time surfing the Board. There's tons of good info here.

Back
Top Bottom