Quick Asia Trip Idea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a komodo/bali trip planned for September/October, but I have decided that is just too long to stay dry. As there is no diving worth getting wet in the Hong Kong/China Area (unless somebody has suggestions of good diving around Hong Kong), I need to make a flight somewhere to do this. I can fly from either Hong Kong, Shenzhen or Guangzhou. With AirAsia, Cebu Pacific and the usual characters a lot of options are open. As I have went overboard on dive vacations this year, I will have to keep this moderately priced. I have been to Koh Samui/Koh Tao, Sipadan, malapascua and bali so far this year, so somewhere other than here please. For convience purposes, I think Manila is the easiest and shortest flight for me. We like Pelagics and schools of fish, great viz, not too keen on macro, but do enjoy it, just not as much as big fish and lots of them. Basically has to be a location with a direct flight from hong kong or china without too long travel by road also (few hours tops) The options I have thought of our

Puerto Galera
Anilo
Bohol
Malapascua (although was just there in early may)
Kota Kinabalu (dont have time for Layang Layang or Sipadan though)
boracay

Okinawa has direct flights from Hong Kong and there is no driving involved hotels are about 30 minutes from the airport. This time of year is mostly macro stuff though not the big critters- although mantas will start showing up in the islands about now.

Bali is another option. You can pick from Lembongan, the Gili islands, Menjangan, Tulamben... all flying into Denpasar on Air Asia, though I think it takes two hops.

....... For convience purposes, I think Manila is the easiest and shortest flight for me. We like Pelagics and schools of fish, great viz, not too keen on macro, but do enjoy it, just not as much as big fish and lots of them. Basically has to be a location with a direct flight from hong kong or china without too long travel by road also (few hours tops) The options I have thought of our

Puerto Galera
Anilo
Bohol
Malapascua (although was just there in early may)
boracay
Philippines is the obvious.
1. Puerto Galera: Bit of everything including entertainment. But Pelagics is ????
2. Anilao: Only for macro(more or less). Dive eat and sleep from the same place. You might get bore if you are alone.
3. Bohol: Similar to PG but the dive sites are a bit far by comparison. School of Jack.
4. Malapascua: Need no introduction.
5. Boracay: Domestic fligth via Manila or direct flight to Kalibo and then bus/car. Diving is NOT that good. White Beach is.
6. Moalboal: Wall dive and good for short stay.

Back
Top Bottom