Questions on the company Grand Komodo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clernix

Contributor
Reaction score
I am planning my first trip to Indonesia. I read a lot of the threads here on Scubaboard and found a company called Grand Komodo. The email exchange has been very proffesional and timely.

I am just a littel concerned about transfering funds to Indonesia per bank transfer with no recourse. If other members that have used Grand Komodo could please post and descrbe their expierence as far as payment method and so on.

Thanks

Hi Clernix,

It can be a bit intimidating to send a bank transfer to another country. If you’d like, you can book your stay with Grand Komodo through our website, diviac.travel. We can help you circumvent the need for a bank transfer. You can pay by credit card or Paypal. There are no booking fees, and we offer 48 hours free cancellation. The link to the Lodge’s page is: https://diviac.travel/dive-resort/bali/grand-komodo-raja-ampat-dive-lodge/#overwiev

However, you will need to submit a booking enquiry in order to start the reservation process. Good luck with everything and have a great trip!

Hi Clernix,
It is not uncommon to have to pay Indonesian dive ops in advance via wire transfer; I have had to do it for a bunch of ops over the years.

Grand Komodo the liveaboard operator is a reputable company. I wired them over $4000 USD covering three berths in 2009 and had no problems. They sent an email confirmation once payment had been received.

I have no problem recommending Grand Komodo to anyone, if the question is about their professionalism. They are clearly not a luxury operation, but don't pretend to be. But they've been around for a long time, and are an honest company with good crew and guides.

I've also wired thousands of USD to Indonesia at least a half dozen times with no issues. It's just part of the drill when you dive there repeatedly. Fear not.

My communicaton with Grand Komodo had been very professional. They market themselves as they seem to be. I am not a luxury kinda guy. I want great diving and not a lot of frills. Three squares and a rack is all I need. I have been reading Under Current reviews and reviews here on Scubaboard and everyone loves them.

I was only concerend about the bank transfers.

Thanks everyone

Back
Top Bottom