Questions about upcoming Turks and Caicos Aggressor trip - 6/23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverGirl1972

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
SO looking forward to my upcoming dive trip on the Turks and Caicos Aggressor!! We're doing the 10-day trip and I had a few questions:
1) Is it still possible to see humpback whales?
2) Our trip is one of the 10-day specials. With the extra dive days, do you normally go to sights not visited on the 7-day cruises or do you dive multiple times at some of the same sites?
3) Does the ship have marine heads or regular lavatories? :blush:

Two more weeks and we'll be on our way. CAN'T WAIT!!

SO looking forward to my upcoming dive trip on the Turks and Caicos Aggressor!! We're doing the 10-day trip and I had a few questions:
1) Is it still possible to see humpback whales?
No - wrong [-]country[/-] and timeframe. Dolphins are a good possibility off Provo or West Caicos though. And lots of sharks at French Cay.
Whale Weeks - Snorkel Adventures
The luxurious Turks and Caicos Aggressor II offers her pampered guests two exciting aquatic adventures. January through March, snorkelers have the rare opportunity to swim, not watch from a crowded tour boat, but actually enter the water and swim with majestic humpback whales. Humpback whales fulfill an instinctual migrating ritual before the inquisitive eyes of visiting snorkelers. It's incredible! Whale charters depart from Puerto Plata Dominican Republic unless specified.

Last edited:
No - wrong country and timeframe. Dolphins are a good possibility off Provo or West Caicos though. And lots of sharks at French Cay.

Whoops! My bad... I was reading an article in Scuba Sport Magazine Scuba Sport Magazine - MAR-APR 2012 and I guess I was reading about two separate trips. She referenced Grand Turk, however, when writing about the humpbacks. It's all good! I'll take dolphins and sharks any day :D

Thanks for responding!
Michelle

Actually it does appear that you can see Humbpacks in the Turks/Caicos - but in spring not summer. I found this on a tour site:
Caribbean whale watching expeditions from Salt Cay and Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands. Watch the Caribbean humpback whales as they migrate through the Turks Head passage, past Salt Cay toward the Silver Banks of the Dominican Republic and back to Salt Cay, Turks and Caicos Islands British West Indies - every year from February through April.

Last edited:
My wife Kelly and I (Charlie) will be on the same trip.

When we did the Kona Aggressor the toilets were just that, the same as the ones you have at home.

We're getting on Island 4 days early to spend a few days drinking beers at Grace Beach. See ya on the boat.

My wife Kelly and I (Charlie) will be on the same trip.

When we did the Kona Aggressor the toilets were just that, the same as the ones you have at home.

We're getting on Island 4 days early to spend a few days drinking beers at Grace Beach. See ya on the boat.

Looking forward to meeting you and your wife! My friend, Cindi, and I are going together. The fleet seems to have a "mixed bag" regarding the plumbing situation. I went on the Belize Aggressor last year and it was marine head - all the way. My roommate for that trip said that she had been on the Cayman Aggressor the year before and it had good, old-fashioned toilets, so I figured I'd ask.

Regardless, so cool you're going a few days in advance. I would normally go at least a day in advance just to ensure all of my gear gets there, but we won't be flying in until Saturday morning. Looking forward to some great diving, relaxation and good company!

See you in two weeks :D

If you are interested in seeing and snorkeling with whales, Dominica is the place. You can snorkel with sperm whales there. I have a short video on my Facebook page. Liquid Diving Adventures | Facebook

Did the T&C Aggressor with my wife last year in Sept. Awesome diving tons of sharks. Its great diving. Capt Amanda and her crew are excellent (although Jeff the Chef was on his way to other endeavors). Boat was refurbished in '10 I think they said, clean and nicely put together. Identical layout to the Cayman Aggressor. MARINE head in the bathroom like Belize Boat.

Have fun....your going to enjoy it alot

Did the T&C Aggressor with my wife last year in Sept. Awesome diving tons of sharks. Its great diving. Capt Amanda and her crew are excellent (although Jeff the Chef was on his way to other endeavors). Boat was refurbished in '10 I think they said, clean and nicely put together. Identical layout to the Cayman Aggressor. MARINE head in the bathroom like Belize Boat.

Have fun....your going to enjoy it alot

Thank you so much for the information! I really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom