Questions about Halcyon Contour

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bamamedic

Contributor
Reaction score
Somewhere between "hold my beer and watch this!" a
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi! I'm thinking of switching over to sidemount and I've been looking at the Contour. Just a few questions:
Do you think it'd fit me OK? I'm 5'3" and 125 lbs, and I've heard that it's just too big for smaller people.
Does the Contour come with all the equipment needed to rig the cylinders or is that separate?
Are y'all planning on coming out with a smaller wing for the Contour?
Thanks, and have a great day!

Hello Bamamedic,
I will try to answer in order.
1. Based on your height I am guessing it will be too large for you unless you have shorter legs and longer torso.
2. Cylinder rigging is separate. We have rigging and hose kits available.
3. I have a prototype smaller system being made. It will be a few months before we finalize the design.

Let me know if you have any further questions. You can also contact me at this email Ken@halcyon.net

That's good to hear, Ken. The one major criticism I've heard of the setup is that you've left out most of the distaff side.

Great to hear a version for shorter people is coming out. I am 5'5" and it had no chance of working out for me in regards to its size. Looking forward to a smaller version showing up on the market at some point, though I already had to pull the trigger on the Dive Rite LTZ to suffice while this is sorted. Thanks Halcyon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom