Questions about Cebu and area around

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone

My husband, two friends and I have booked a trip on the Siren in December out of Cebu. In connection with that we have 3-4 days in advance 'to kill'. Any suggestions to stay and dive? Are there any good dive sites in the Cebu area or do you have to go far? We have already done Malapascua, Anilao, Romblon and Puerto Galera.

At the same time I might as well ask about our Easter trip. We have booked a trip to Tubbataha on a liveaboard in april. We will arrive one week in advance and still need to find a place to stay as well as diving suggestions. We have heard good things about Moalboal - is that a good idea on any of these two occations?

Hope to hear from someone :)

Never been to MAlboal, but I have read quite a bit about it's reefs and sardines. Should be good for a few days and the closest to Cebu. :wink:

Maolboal is really good , easy diving , beautiful reefs and lots of turtles. Another area would be Panglao in Bohol , or the very very best of all which is Southern Leyte. This is linked to Cebu bay a fast ferry that takes about two hours. With four days you could get in three days diving there.

Dec trip:
Mactan Island is where the airport situated. Avoid Korean operators. Scotty is on the expensive side but you do not have to stay at Shangri-la.
Apr trip:
If the liveaboard departs from Cebu then Moalboal is a good choice. And if you want to dive and sight seeing then Bohol would be better.
As already suggested, Sogod Bay in Southern Leyte is exceptional as long as you don't mind the travelling.

How was diving in Romblon?

Thank you all for your reply :) We now have something to work on........
Romblom was different - normally we do like macro but I think this was a little too macroish. We had to depend on the divemaster to find stuff. They were simply to small to be able to find yourselv. We did see a lot of great nudies that we had not seen before, many pygmy seahorses as well. Great diving after we told him to find a little bit bigger things...the island itself was quite poor. I think we stayed at the only place worth staying at even if it was no luxury

I agree for Romblon. Nice but they will not see me back. Nice people though.

Hi everyone

My husband, two friends and I have booked a trip on the Siren in December out of Cebu. In connection with that we have 3-4 days in advance 'to kill'. Any suggestions to stay and dive? Are there any good dive sites in the Cebu area or do you have to go far? We have already done Malapascua, Anilao, Romblon and Puerto Galera.

At the same time I might as well ask about our Easter trip. We have booked a trip to Tubbataha on a liveaboard in april. We will arrive one week in advance and still need to find a place to stay as well as diving suggestions. We have heard good things about Moalboal - is that a good idea on any of these two occations?

If you would like to dive in Moalboal we (www.savedra.com) are about 3 hours transfer from the city, if you would like the dive schedule for the period you are here please message me and I will send you a copy, with that you can decide how much of your time you feel it's worth.

If you would like to dive from Cebu city, Mactan island, we have a dive center inside Plantation bay resort Seven Seas, no need to stay inside the resort, day trippers are welcome.

Hi everyone

I would recommend go to Moalboal - it's only 2-3 hr drive south from Cebu city, and in a nice little secluded fishing village. There are decent resorts and boutique hotels, although avoid staying in center of town - it is very loud. Nice groovy little restaurants and bars too ...

The diving is very easy & a good standard - Pescador island and the other reef dives, including the Sardine dive, are excellent. Some reefs are a little beat up, but overall they're in good shape.

I dived with Savedra Dive Center - they were excellent, professional and timely - they will also organise your transfers, and their prices are reasonable.

I agree for Romblon. Nice but they will not see me back. Nice people though.

Thank you all for your reply :) We now have something to work on........
Romblom was different - normally we do like macro but I think this was a little too macroish. We had to depend on the divemaster to find stuff. They were simply to small to be able to find yourselv. We did see a lot of great nudies that we had not seen before, many pygmy seahorses as well. Great diving after we told him to find a little bit bigger things...the island itself was quite poor. I think we stayed at the only place worth staying at even if it was no luxury

I was in Romblon this last January and really enjoyed it. The resort staff were very nice, the 3 brothers very friendly, the macro yes on the super macro side, but it has some really rare critters, and the new rooms were looking really nice. In the PI I find it hard to find good food and the German chef at 3Ps was a treat.
I was mostly there to hopefully see and shoot photos of the very rare Melibe Colmani, and was not let down. Then they go and show me the Melibe Engeli, to top it off. The no limits diving was really nice, only getting cold was my limit.
Would I go back? Hmmm, that's a good question. I should really finish my trip report and post it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom