Question ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaflier

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have been a Dive Instructor for 9 yrs. I have taught hand signal in every class even above what were required to help the students while diving and to help them to develope their skill and to infulence them to come up with some on their own.

How ever I started working with the Weeki Wachee Mermaids and found that no amount of hand signals could help you communicate with someone without a mask.

So I invented a communication system that I carry with me and I can communicate with anyone within the range of my system up to as far away as 300'. I can turn it down so that I dont disturbe other divers and I can also play music at the same time.

I have been getting mixed reviews from DM, Instructors, boat operators and divers.
Its a very simple design that alows a diver to attach the system to themselves and communicate with any one that can hear sound.
Photographers love it when their directing a model underwater.
some DM like that they can talk to the whole group.
As an instructor it helps on the training dives (I dont have to go to the surface to explain anything to a confused student) and the students say they are comforted by my voice.

One the other hand as with anything their are those who curse the idea of anyone talking while their on a dive.

Just would like some in put you can see it in operation on You Tube under scubafliers videos or on facebook check Allen Sherrod s profile I use the same avatar

In put would be greatfuly appreciated good or bad its all good

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Cave Diver:
Video Embedded

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't make things easy to find, do you? Links?

I don't know how to do that kinda stuff really! I can make my own video housings but I cant post a link go figure

I would complain if I could find the darn thing :)

Just copy & paste the YouTube URL.

Sounds like it could be fun to jack it to full power 300' range and use it on low vis night dives in a crowded quarry... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom