question regarding green photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lemurs2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all,
We have an Oly SP350 and have dowmloaded our pics in PSCS2, which we are just learning to use. Anyway during the trip we would upload photos to the laptop to review and the colors were on the blue side. We shot in JPEG and RAW. When we up loaded them to the home computer quite a few came out very green. They look fine on the laptop but not the home moniter. Other colors on the home moniter were just fine. Any suggestions?

Example?

Also, check your settings in your RAW converter - it may have some funky default setting and be "changing" the way you view the images.

Do the jpegs and RAWs look more or less the same?

You're sure your monitors are showing colours correctly? Perhaps your laptop is leaning towards blue and your home computer is actually correct?

yes, they both look the same but not all the photos have the green hue. I think that the laptop having a bluer hue could be correct. It's fixable but I'm just wondering if what we think is fixed on our computer may not be fixed if viewed on another or if we print photos out

When you start printing things out all bets are off! If you monitor is calibrated correctly you'll probably get close, but it will depend on where and how you print your images. My monitor is correct, I have to small printers - both are set up correctly, both print differently. It's a total PITA and you learn to live with being happy with "close enough" LOL

Also, things will look different on different people's monitors - you can't get it right for everyone. If you're saving for web, make sure to use the sRGB colour space.

If you post some examples of images that look "right" and those that look "wrong" we may be able to offer more help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom