Question re old "new" wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miked

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Long story short: I was recently given a "new ", never wet, wetsuit, that was originally purchased approximately 10 years ago. It is a 3mm O'neill suit, that was kept in a closet since originally purchased. it looks and feels new, and it fits. My question: is there anything more that I should be looking at, given its age, before I use it on a dive?

Try it on and make sure the seams are good - some glue jobs last longer than others. But wait for the ocean before christening it.

Spiders nesting in uncomfortable areas? :eek:

Bed bugs, scorpions, pee stains - cause every body pees in their suit. The ones that say they don't, they lie. Even if it's never been dived it might have been pee'd in.

Thanks, guys. No critters, webs, nests, etc., and no stains/odors. In fact, the tags were still on the suit.
I tried it on, wore it around the house to check for fit, and all seems well.

If you have not bought it yet, turn it inside out and start tugging at it to see if the seams will separate.

If you have not bought it yet, turn it inside out and start tugging at it to see if the seams will separate.

I already have the suit, it was a gift (long story), but,nonetheless, I'll try the tugging.
Thanks for the input.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom