Question re. Mares MC2 RGBM Console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sumomaster

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be purchasing a dive computer and I like the console package. I've looked at mares.com at the description for the MC2 Console and I don't find a couple of things I'm looking for in a computer. Can anyone tell me if it monitors air pressure, tracks rate of air consumption and calculates your remaining air time? Also, can you get a quick disconnect or is it always screwed to the 1st stage?

TIA

Hi Tia, I'm pretty sure the computer on the MC2 (which is like my M2 wrist computer) does not integrate air pressure into it's readings (the guys from Mares will surely correct me if I'm wrong). That's why there is a standard pressure guage on it.

Also, I believe it does not come with a quick disconnect. Is there one available? Can't help you on that one!

Hope this helps!:coffee:

I found what I was looking for. Mares calls their Air Intergrated Nitox Computer - Airlab. It comes with a surethread quick disconnect. Curious though, its not on Mares website. You can find it by Googling Mares Airlab. I wonder if this a discontinued product?

I believe there are new products to be released soon. I seem to recall Zak saying that there airlab was not currently being produced (discontinued, or just stopped production??). Maybe Zak and Phil will be able to give us a preview on their new gear when they get back from Italy?

I will be purchasing a dive computer and I like the console package. I've looked at mares.com at the description for the MC2 Console and I don't find a couple of things I'm looking for in a computer. Can anyone tell me if it monitors air pressure, tracks rate of air consumption and calculates your remaining air time? Also, can you get a quick disconnect or is it always screwed to the 1st stage?

TIA

Hi Tia,

To clarify, the MC2 is not air integrated. It uses a mechanical presure gauge to monitor air pressure. Therefor it cannot track rate of air consumption etc. It is also does not come with a quick disconnect. Aside from these features it is a very good computer, especially considering the price.

As Codman suggests, we do have an evolving computer line, which we will be launching at DEMA. A completely air integrated computer with all of the features you are looking for, will be available around the 2nd quarter of 2008. And boy is it nice.

Anyhow, I hope this answers your questions and good luck in the hunt for a new computer.

Best,

Thanks for the information Zak. Are you saying this new computer will be shown at the upcoming DEMA show at the end of this month in Orlando? If so, how long after that before you unvail it to the public?

Oh, BTW, TIA=Thanks in advance.

Sumomaster

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom