Question re: Instruction Manual for DC800

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sytech

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This would be my first camera and I admit complete ignorance about photography both above and below water.

Is the Instruction Manual relatively simple or does it presuppose a knowledge of photography?

Also I am especially interested in shooting in video mode. I realize that the optimal thing to do would be to get a camcorder but I don't want to make that type of investment at this point.

Does anyone have any video they can send me? Also, I have seen video of the Bonica HDDV Videocorder and it looked pretty good to my eyes

Thanks,

Sy

Hello,

The DC800 Instruction Manual is fairly straight-forward. The camera also comes with a single sheet Quick Start Guide.

The Bonica HDDV Videocorder will definitely beat out the video capabilities of the Sealife DC800 - higher resolution, more options, etc, etc. A good choice for entry level underwater video.

If your main purpose is to have a still camera, the DC800 is a good choice for a beginner (on land and underwater). I had the DC600 and took a few videos -- I was pretty happy with them, but you have very few video options. I now have the DC800.

On the Sealife website, you can see video and still photo samples from customers as well as from Sealife staff.

You can also download and read the manual for the DC800 so that you can decide for yourself how simple or complex it is.

Video Samples: SeaLife Underwater Cameras
Photo Samples: SeaLife Underwater Cameras
Instruction Book: http://www.sealife-cameras.com/assets/pdf/dc800/DC800_ENG.pdf

I hope this info. is helpful,

Phil

Back
Top Bottom