Question on Form - How many logged dives since certified?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, that just goes to show you that we are all ultimately responsible for our own safety. The only time I have dived Maracaibo our max depth was 155' and it was straight down and straight up with a whole lot of deco obligation time on the ascent, but I hear that there are ways to dive it that are less advanced than that.
I have been to Maracaibo several times, and I have never been to 155 there.

Generally when they see the black card come out and it's only got a 5 digit number on it, there's no questions other than when was your last dive
So you think the card you show matters?

Huh!

Lots of people seem to think otherwise.

Generally when they see the black card come out and it's only got a 5 digit number on it, there's no questions other than when was your last dive
Is this black card from American Express? that says you are stinking rich?

PADI-Divemaster-Card.jpg

This one

No one, that I know, will verify 500 undocumented dives just because someone says, that they did. At that level, a person CPU dives, CAMS/VIDEOS, logs & is already cert.

No one, that I know, will verify 500 undocumented dives just because someone says, that they did. At that level, a person CPU dives, CAMS/VIDEOS, logs & is already cert.
Could you possibly rephrase this? My reading comprehension isn't what it used to be.

So you think the card you show matters?

Huh!

Lots of people seem to think otherwise.
I rang and booked a weeks diving the GBR in March, the questions asked were, "number of dive", gave a number, "last time you dived" I said last Wednesday, "deepest you have dived", I said 45M Open-Circuit ,no more questions except for the health waiver.
I have a few of those cards [with 5 digits and black] and I go out of my way to NOT wave them about, just show enough required for the trip.

Usual typos.

I rang and booked a weeks diving the GBR in March, the questions asked were, "number of dive", gave a number, "last time you dived" I said last Wednesday, "deepest you have dived", I said 45M Open-Circuit ,no more questions except for the health waiver.
When I dive Cozumel I get the same three questions, but I only have an OW cert and I haven't kept a log book in 25 years. I estimate my number of dives, and I tell them how deep I have dived (155 feet and I don't plan on doing that again) and the approximate date of my last dive. Sign it and go diving.

but I only have an OW cert and I haven't kept a log book in 25 years. I estimate my number of dives, and I tell them how deep I have dived (155 feet and I don't plan on doing that again)
In the past I was required to log ALL dives and have it signed for a lot of reasons [going to the next level ,promotion, and extra pay etc], old habit die hard so it is still done, logbook, computer and the Shearwater app on my phone to show my last dives [if requested, and it was on Lady Elliot Island last year], flash the phone and get the OK, e cards are handy also, but still carry a C card, phones die.

Back
Top Bottom