Question of the day.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ditch-diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
you can alomst hear the "Jeopardy" music playing....

In the US but not counting military, does anyone know who has the largest PS dive team?? I'm in the middle of doing a comparison report..., yee-hah

Big is not always better. We are an in-house team of 10 ft deputies and we will allow 5 from outside agencies of which we only have one at this time, our token fireman. :D

Gary D.

I know bigger isn't always better but there are certain logistical issues that are present with bigger teams that are not present on smaller teams. I need to look at how other 'large' teams deals with such things is all. Trust me, it isn't a 'big dick' thing, I am just making inquiries on how they deal with some of the similar issues we have. Maybe they have better solutions than we do and I can shamelessly steal their ideas :wink:

The NYPD has 30 divers.

Sorry, double tapped the response

you can alomst hear the "Jeopardy" music playing....

In the US but not counting military, does anyone know who has the largest PS dive team?? I'm in the middle of doing a comparison report..., yee-hah

The answer is... Miami Dade Fire Rescue.

The MDFR Dive Rescue Bureau has the largest Public Safety Diver Program in the United States with 400 SCUBA rescue divers, 1,000+ rescue skin divers and more than 100 response units. They respond to an average of two water rescues every day. SEE:
Fire Rescue

Naturally, most teams have CONSIDERABLY fewer people and some "dive teams" only have "one" diver, so the averages come way down. I hope that helps!

Blades

You da man Blades, Thanks!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom