question for you all

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Staticdiver

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
i was just in a car accident yesterday and have a mild concussion and i was wondering if anyone has dove with one? im not looking to get flames about seeing a doctor to get cleared for it i see my doctor Tuesday im just wondering if people do it.

My recommendation would be no, but I'm not a doctor. I'd check with DAN and post this question in the diving medicine forum.

I've had one or two hangovers that felt like concussions but other than that.... :)

Look, a concussion is a brain injury caused from your brain sloshing around inside your skull from a blow to the head. I'm not a doctor but just intuitively it doesn't seem like a good idea to go diving with a brain injury.

Personally, I'd let it heal first.

R..

p.s. I hope you're ok other than that.

i was just in a car accident yesterday and have a mild concussion and i was wondering if anyone has dove with one? im not looking to get flames about seeing a doctor to get cleared for it i see my doctor Tuesday im just wondering if people do it.

Diving is a thinking man's endeavor ............

Ditto to everyone else, you need to be at your top when you go under the water and that just isn't happening with your brain swelling inside your skull. Not to mention depth may or may not affect your symptoms in any manner. Be safe, stay dry for now.

Peace,
Greg

No good can come from it. Wait it out.

Pete

a concussion is quite literally swelling around the brain. this is a cavity that is generally "fluid" so the effects of compression are less likely to effect this than say a lung or sinus related injury. That said, the swelling is already applying pressure that is abnormal to your brain that can cause unpredictable results at any time. Increasing that pressure with external forces is likely not the best idea. I'd definitely get clearance from a doctor first.

Why would you wait until Tuesday to see a doctor? If you have concussion and complications develop then Tuesday could be too late.

i really dont even want to go to the doctor im being forced to. by my parents.

How do you know that you have a concussion if you haven't even been to the doctor yet? You could have nothing - or something worse.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom