Question for all the "attached" women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DESIGNERDIVER

IS IT SUMMER YET?
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
see post on page 2

Last edited:
My significant other dives aswell and she does the same.:D

I would be a bit bothered by the fact that my guy was conversing with woman he met on the internet. Of course I had my ex husban cheat on me with a woman he met online and the boyfriend after that did the same thing. So I guess because of past experiences it would be a bad thing for me.

It also depends on how long I was with my signifigant other. If they gave me a reason to trust them and we had been together for quite a long time I would be more ok with it than if it was a newer relationship.

Personally I have no problem with it, he's free to choose his own friends. I dive as well (obviously) and most of the people I dive with are men. Some of them I know their wives, some of them I don't. Diving involves putting your life in someone else's hands and accepting the responsibility for theirs. There's a bond that forms between people who dive together regularly both same sex and opposite sex pairs. It's a bond that's hard for non-divers to understand sometimes.
Ber :lilbunny:

I am not female, so my perspective may be different, but I am reasonably confident that my wife would brain me with a shovel if I did that.

Personally I have no problem with it, he's free to choose his own friends. I dive as well (obviously) and most of the people I dive with are men. Some of them I know their wives, some of them I don't. Diving involves putting your life in someone else's hands and accepting the responsibility for theirs. There's a bond that forms between people who dive together regularly both same sex and opposite sex pairs. It's a bond that's hard for non-divers to understand sometimes.
Ber :lilbunny:

I totally agree with Ber! Well put. :cheerleader:

Dive with a group that includes females, my wife would be okay with... Converse with a woman I met on-line through a forum and I would be flat on the floor with Rhone Man

and both you ladies think it ok to just "chat" on the phone about non diving related issues with someone you do not dive with? just trying to get a perspective on things
thanks

Well, my ex husband was a DM, so he often chatted with women about their gear, and questions they had, how their kids were, or how the dating scene was going for them. It was friendly conversation with people we will eventually run into on our dive vacations.

But... when he started doing happy hour with these women, and I was not invited, then there was an issue, and he flat on the floor! :no:

I've been happily married for 32 years. I have too much respect for my wife to begin an on-line relationship with another woman. That said, I have met several women divers on-line and have dived with a few of them. My wife, also a diver is usually at my side on these dives as well.

I have called a few women that I have met here on ScubaBoard to arrange dives or other ScubaBoard related plans. I am a flirt by nature but I can control myself and my lovely bride knows it. However, I'm sure she would still be unhappy (and looking for a shovel) if I just called online females just to chat. Life is much better when she is happy!

As a woman who is perpetually single and a diver, I often find myself in the company of attached men and I try to give their wives/girlfriends no cause to worry by actively introducing myself, talking to them and keeping the subjects of the conversations I have with the men strictly on topics that no one could find objectionable.

If I feel that a man is edging toward a line, I cut him off and start asking about the SO, that usually takes care of things.

Any woman who someone I'm dating is talking to should probably make an effort to assure me that the relationship is friendly and I won't care a bit. If both of them are being sneaky and weird, there are shovels and floors handy all over.

Rachel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom