Question about Zeagle free parts policy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Okay, this is a totally newbie question. I understand that Zeagle has a policy where they supply free regulator parts as long as you purchased it from an authorized dealer and have it serviced every year. My question is do you have to have it serviced where you bought it or can you bring it to any authorized service center and still get the free parts? I'm considering purchasing a Zeagle reg from an authorized online dealer but I would like to have it serviced locally if possible. Will I still get free parts if I do that? Thanks for your help.

You should get free parts at ANY authorized dealer. Be aware that they have to be a dealer though, not just that the technician is a Zeagle trained tech. We have a local shop that is a Zeagle dealer, but I don't trust their techs, and the tech I like works for a shop that isn't a Zeagle dealer. If I take my regs to him, I pay for parts. So I send mine to ScubaToys (where I bought them) where I trust the techs and feel good about spending my money.

As long as you purchase your regulator through an authorized dealer and have your regulator services annually you are entitled to the free parts for life program. Choosing a dive center with a good reputation of their service techs is important as well. Manufacturers offer training seminars to train techs and issue recognition for thier attendence. You should check to see that the place you are going to have your regulators serviced has had their tech (s) attend such a seminar in the last couple of years or so. We are hosting, for Zeagle a repair seminar for all dive centers who would like to attend, at our dive center this Saturday, May 13th. Jim Fox will be here conducting the seminar in the Northeastern PA area.

Live2Dive22:
As long as you purchase your regulator through an authorized dealer and have your regulator services annually you are entitled to the free parts for life program. Choosing a dive center with a good reputation of their service techs is important as well. Manufacturers offer training seminars to train techs and issue recognition for thier attendence. You should check to see that the place you are going to have your regulators serviced has had their tech (s) attend such a seminar in the last couple of years or so. We are hosting, for Zeagle a repair seminar for all dive centers who would like to attend, at our dive center this Saturday, May 13th. Jim Fox will be here conducting the seminar in the Northeastern PA area.

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!

:D

To bring up this old thread, does getting service on the regulator mean parts are replaced? Or can it be serviced without replacing parts? I've never been told the parts were replaced or charged extra for them. I am just curious because I wasn't aware of the free parts program. I've never showed a receipt or service record as proof of yearly service or I am the original owner.

Back
Top Bottom