question about wp-dc700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

midwestdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
First, I would like to thank everyone for all tips that's been posted this board. Seeing all the images posted here convinced me to try UW digital photography. I decided on the canon a70 and its UW case, since the Oly seems light years ahead of my skill. Anyway, I'm worried about scratching the lens on the UW case and I cant's seem to find one available. Does anyone know of where to get or how to rig one to work with the case? Also, how often do you replace the o-ring and where can I get replacements? Thanks.

One thing you can do is find a generic lens cap that will fit. Or as many of us have done, take a drink Koozie...you know, those insulated drink holders that are about 1/2" thick? Cut it down short so taht it fits over the lens port. One good thing is when you lose it...and you will....it's cheap to replace. You can also find soft neoprene covers at some of the online stores. These are made like a shower cap, just on a smaller scale, to fit over the port.

Okay. I've taken a closer look at this housing and read the manual front to back but I can't see where one can attach a wide angle or macro lens on this thing. Are there any available for this housing?

Have a look at the end of the lens - is it threaded on the inside? Measure the diameter - it should be either 46 or 67mm. If so, I have seen that there are attachments like macro and wide angle lenses for these threads, eg. Sea and Sea (I had exactly the same question for my Samsung housing). There are also other manufacturers of these items - search on www.Google.com for underwater camera macro lens 46mm or something like that...

Cheers,

Andrew

Unlike the Olympus housings, Canon (IMHO stupidly) have not added a thread to the lens port, so you cannot attach a macro or wide angle lens directly. There are though a couple of manufacturers who make it possible to add lenses. Inon make an 'AD lens adapter' that works with the Canon housings. There is another manufacturer as well, but I can't find the link to tell you who it is...will let you know if I come across it.

Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom