Question about the PT-EP14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glenn Charles

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently received my PT-EP14 to pair with my EM1 and I have trouble getting the front control dial on the camera to turn. Is this typical, or a problem with the housing that I received? Any advice would be appreciated.

R/
Glenn

Hi,

The front dial is for the zoom or focus ring, and yes is difficult to match the position so it works properly.
What lens are you using ?

Regards,
Pedro

Pedro, thanks for the response. I am referencing the control wheel on the right, that controls the front camera dial (EV or Apeture/Shutter speed).... The one on the left, for the zoom or focus, is working fine. I am working with the 60 Macro and the 8mm Fisheye.

When setup in either A mode or M mode, I am unable to consistently use the front right dial to make adjustments. Trying to decide if this is a defect with my housing or just a common problem.

Thanks for the help,

Glenn

Does it just spin like it isn't making contact with the camera? I had an issue(or so I thought) with my point and shoot doing that. Turned out that at depth the was enough pressure on the dial to make it contact the camera inside. After a few dives it would work top side(???). Hopefully it will be something simple.

Does it just spin like it isn't making contact with the camera? I had an issue(or so I thought) with my point and shoot doing that. Turned out that at depth the was enough pressure on the dial to make it contact the camera inside. After a few dives it would work top side(???). Hopefully it will be something simple.
That is exactly the issue... I have not been deep enough with it to know if pressure will fix things. Hoping so. Thanks for the response. I will get out with it again in a week and see how it does. Slightly deeper dive, although where I am right now, nothing is deeper than 40’. Bahamas in a couple of weeks. In the end, I wish I had just sprung for the Nauticam housing. I knew better, but let the initial lower cost point sway me. this setup will get me through the winter but I will replace everything this summer. Thanks for the response

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom