question about the new float strap SL920

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donnad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i have the reefmaster mini, and have purchased the digital pro strobe for it which is on it's way to me. would the strobe add too much additional weight to the camera so that the float strap would not work? before i had the strobe, i had the camera on a lanyard that was long enough to store the camera in my BC pocket, then just "whip" it out for a shot, and i didn't have to worry about losing it. what is the easiest way to dive with the camera with the strobe?.........use the float strap and always be holding the camera rig with your hand? or are you able to let it rest against your side (attached to lanyard of course) as long as it is not dangling and bumping around? what's the easiest most comfortable way to go? (i wear my computer on my left wrist,and have been keeping the camera in my right pocket, but now i will have the strobe on it. thanks for advice!! can't wait to take wonderful pics with the strobe!! i'm also getting the mini wide angle lens!!

The Digital Pro Flash is neutral-positively buoyant so you should have no problem. It should still float with the float strap.

The easiest way to dive with the camera and strobe is probably going to be based on personal preference. The strobe does have a flexible, rubberized arm for easy griping, so I would suggest holding it by the strobe arm.

And yes, you should definitely pick up the Mini Wide Angle Lens. Like we always say, get close and go wide. :)

thanks for your speedy and helpful reply denise!! i love this board!! and i can't wait for my new "stuff" to get here! but alas, vacation is still 9 weeks away!!

Back
Top Bottom