Question about the Liberty ships off Matagorda

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teknadv3x

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone got any Imfo if there is a dive charter that goes to the Liberty ships off Matagorda Texas? Here is the imfo on the ships themselves.

MATAGORDA,TEXAS LIBERTY SHIPS (3)
DWIGHT L.MOODY JIM BRIDGER GEORGE DEWEY

(NAD27 DATUM)
USING THE NAD27 DATUM. THE CENTER POINT OF THE REEF SITE WAS DETERMINED BY DGPS TO BE 26' O6' 57,832N AND 96' O5' 13.7O1' W(BLOCK 616). THIS POINT CAN BE REACHED BY SAILING 21 MILES ON A
139'HEADING FROM THE MATAGORDA JETTIE

Thanks in advance
Dave

From talking to the captain of the Sea Searcher II....

Vis is poor at best. There isn't much to see. There is a considerable amount of mono fishing line on the wrecks that create hazards.

You are probably better off trying a rig.

TwoBit

Hmmmm thats odd, I had a buddy who was on the Lasalle project in matagoprda and had access to a crew boat, on one of their off-days they went to the ships and he claims it was a happening dive. They are sitting in a 140 foot of water. which should sport some descent vis. If I find a charter I will probally take my chances.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom