Question about the Fusion Bullet zippers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

irishsquid

Contributor
Reaction score
In all the videos I've seen about donning the Fusion, I've noticed the zippers oppose each other. One zips one way, then the outer zipper goes the opposite direction. I recieved my Bullet the other day and both go the same way (starting from the same side). Is this a change in the Bullet, or are the zippers installed in a random order?
Thanks!

I have an early Fusion with opposing zippers. Care needs to be taken with this arrangement that the outer zipper does not catch on and slightly unzip the inner zipper.

My understanding is that this arrangement was changed on later Fusions so that both zippers run in the same direction and consequently avoid that potential problem.

Andy's drysuits with a similar zipper arrangement also used zippers running in the same direction for the same reason.

I have an early Fusion with opposing zippers. Care needs to be taken with this arrangement that the outer zipper does not catch on and slightly unzip the inner zipper.

My understanding is that this arrangement was changed on later Fusions so that both zippers run in the same direction and consequently avoid that potential problem.

Andy's drysuits with a similar zipper arrangement also used zippers running in the same direction for the same reason.
Makes sense. Thanks a bunch! :)

So how do you like it :)
I'm gonna have to trim the neck seal, the wrist seals are fine as is.
Haven't got a chance to dive it yet. I came down with the damn flu! :shakehead: You didn't ship that crap with the suit did you? :D :D
On a serious note, the suit fits fine. It appears to be a good fit; I can squat, flex, bend, twist and all of the mobility tests. In the MK2 when suiting up, it feels like my shoulders are too big for the suit until I get it on, then all is okay. Getting out of it feels like a straight jacket and I get trapped at the shoulders. I can get out of it though. When I get feeling better, I'm going to doff and don some more. It is my first drysuit and I may just need practice. It didn't take anymore effort than my wetsuit. Overall, I'm tickled pink. Luckily the temps are going to drop here tonight and if I feel better, I can go out on my porch and put it on a few times without having the near heat exhaustion I experienced in my living room. Dang that MK2 is warm! :D

Hey guys, you are correct, in our earlier suits we did have the zippers running in opposing directions. Due to market feedback we decided to run them both to the left shoulder. The concerns at the time were the potential to slightly unzip the inner line, as well as the fact that reg hoses were rubbing against the zipper. So in our ongoing effort to provide the best suit on the market, and by listening to you guys we decided to match the zipper patterns.

P.S irishsquid, you think the MK2 is warm wait until you try the MK3!!!

Hey guys, you are correct, in our earlier suits we did have the zippers running in opposing directions. Due to market feedback we decided to run them both to the left shoulder. The concerns at the time were the potential to slightly unzip the inner line, as well as the fact that reg hoses were rubbing against the zipper. So in our ongoing effort to provide the best suit on the market, and by listening to you guys we decided to match the zipper patterns.

P.S irishsquid, you think the MK2 is warm wait until you try the MK3!!!
Kudos for considering your customer's input! I can't imagine using the MK3 unless I move further north. :wink:

I have pretty broad shoulders as well, and it is mostly just a matter of refining technique. Getting out is best done one arm at a time. I'll pull my left hand out of the seal and then pull the left arm out while holding the cuff with the other hand. In thick undergarments it helps to hold the left cuff by reaching behind my back rather than across the front as it gives your left shoulder a much better angle to come out of the suit.

I have also noticed that the whole evolution is much simpler if you just pull up any slack in the torso and more or less "fluff up" the shoulders of the suit before you start getting out. That extra half inch to an inch or so of slack above the shoulders makes a great deal of difference.

I have pretty broad shoulders as well, and it is mostly just a matter of refining technique. Getting out is best done one arm at a time. I'll pull my left hand out of the seal and then pull the left arm out while holding the cuff with the other hand. In thick undergarments it helps to hold the left cuff by reaching behind my back rather than across the front as it gives your left shoulder a much better angle to come out of the suit.

I have also noticed that the whole evolution is much simpler if you just pull up any slack in the torso and more or less "fluff up" the shoulders of the suit before you start getting out. That extra half inch to an inch or so of slack above the shoulders makes a great deal of difference.
That is just the type of input I was looking for. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom