Question about Sea View Hotel, Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 85

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Wife and I going to Little Cayman middle of July....Found out we're having to overnite the 1st nite in G.C.....Our last 4 or 5 trips to G.C, we stayed @ Sea View Hotel(last trip was in '93)...Was thinking about staying there for the (over)nite coming up in July but heard a while back Sea View was closed down after Hurricane Ivan.......My question is does anyone know if it's still closed or has it reopened???..Sure would like to stay there one more nite........

IF it hasn't reopened, does anyone have a suggestion on where to stay that one nite, close to where Sea View was, toward 7 Mile Beach area, or even close to airport....Keep in mind, looking to not break the bank and wanting a comfortable place to lay our heads......

LOL....thought about sneaking into the Pirate's Caves for that nite but figured it might be a little to cool and damp......

Thanks much for any info you can give me...........

Actually will answer my own question..........did some looking & found this place...good price, good view & (optional) with a car rental if needed.........

http://www.turtlenestinn.com/
inn_poolview_130.jpg

Seaview's gone. It was hit hard by Ivan. I think I read somewhere the property was bulldozed and is being turned into Condos.

Wouldn't you be better off staying at Sunset House for one night? It's 5 min. from the airport. While Turtle's Nest looks nice, it's halfway to the East End.

sjspeck:
Seaview's gone. It was hit hard by Ivan. I think I read somewhere the property was bulldozed and is being turned into Condos.

Wouldn't you be better off staying at Sunset House for one night? It's 5 min. from the airport. While Turtle's Nest looks nice, it's halfway to the East End.

realize that....stayed there twice in the early 90's and was quoted 215 for 1 nite this trip, 115(150 with a car) @ Bodden Town..........since we're not diving GC this trip, we're going on to Bodden Town for the nite......BTW, is Big Daddy's(hamburger joint upstairs if I remember right) toward Georgetown still open??.....

There are several liquor stores called "Big Daddy's" but none with a hamburger joint upstairs. One Big Daddy's just west of George Town has Mezza, a medium / high end restaurant, upstairs (excellent wine list).

Alex777:
There are several liquor stores called "Big Daddy's" but none with a hamburger joint upstairs. One Big Daddy's just west of George Town has Mezza, a medium / high end restaurant, upstairs (excellent wine list).

Thanks, that sounds like that may be it....

I'm trying to remember back 15 years & recall the kids liking this place, was definately upstairs though........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom