Question about Hose Attachments to 1st Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I may be overthinking this or missing the obvious answer, but I have a question about orientation of the hoses on the 1st stage. The picture below is how the dive shop delivered my new gear (nearest shop is a couple hours from my home). As I am looking at it, my brain is telling me that this will put the regulators over my left shoulder instead of my right. Am I imagining things? I can certainly swap sides with the hoses, but if they're already set up correctly, I don't want to mess it up. I am heading over to the shop in a couple of weeks to pool test my gear, so I can always check with them them.

Thanks for your helping with this newbie question.

Reg Setup.jpg

Not being snarky. I don't know what version of a scubapro first that is. Does that model have a swivel that can spin? (again, I realize that you would have probably realized that, just asking for thoroughness.) Although that would put the octo in front of the primary, which would still be a bit odd. Looks backwards to me.

edit, or we're simply looking at the bottom of that particular model first.

edit, or we're simply looking at the bottom of that particular model first.
Yes, the reg is upside down.

Yes; flip it over. No worries.
Welcome to Scubaboard Dan.

Mine was similar when I first used it. The inflator hose was on the wrong side and using the 1st stage in the down position wasn't possible. Whoever had the regs before me must have been using a different tank valve. I swapped the 1st up to down, and then the hose to the other side. They're just plugs and I think 1st stage will work identically regardless of its orientation. I don't think you can accidentally put a LP line in the HP side of the 1st stage, so hard to mess up. Just don't cross thread anything when it goes back together :)

Back
Top Bottom