Question about Devil’s Den Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrisreedrules

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I’ve dove here several times but haven’t been back in a couple years. I remember there were pipes or some sort of barrier obstructing access to the far back and bottom of the spring here...

Has anyone on here had permission to go beyond the obstructions and explore back into the back of Devil’s Den? I can’t find any info online about it and I assume since it’s private property that someone has done it (with or without permission lol).

I have no interest personally in going back there, more or less just curious how far back it actually goes and if it’s connected to any other systems...

The den doesn't show up on the devil system map that I can see. However, there are a bunch of passages in the devil system that either aren't mapped or don't appear on the normal devil system map. Could be one of those. I believe the grates for the spring and siphon in the den are permanent, not something they remove for someone to dive. Although you never know, if the wkpp wanted to dive beyond the grate they seem to have near mystical powers when it comes to getting permission to dive closed caves.

The den doesn't show up on the devil system map that I can see. However, there are a bunch of passages in the devil system that either aren't mapped or don't appear on the normal devil system map. Could be one of those. I believe the grates for the spring and siphon in the den are permanent, not something they remove for someone to dive. Although you never know, if the wkpp wanted to dive beyond the grate they seem to have near mystical powers when it comes to getting permission to dive closed caves.

Thank you for the reply. I’m pretty sure the grates aren’t so tight that you couldn’t get through them to be honest, even with full gear on. I’ve seen catfish back there almost as big as an adult male so I assume a person could conceivably get back there if they wanted. I was just curious is all. I figure there probably aren’t many caves in Florida that haven’t been seen by someone...

I read the other side does have access and several lines but requires an official DD cave certified guide to take you there. It's not all that big and all of it has been seen.

Devil's Den is in Williston, it's not part of the Ginnie Springs compound.

A friend of mine helped pull a body out in the mid-90s. The victim had pulled the chain-link fence out and tried to go exploring. My friend says that there was nothing worth going back there and dying for.

My friend says that there was nothing worth going back there and dying for.
My first dive there, I found myself behind the chainlink fence and I wasn't trying to get there. Scared the crap out of me and I stopped diving there until I got cavern certified. Be careful. Obey the rules. There was nothing down there worth dying for... or even getting scared over.

Yea to be clear I have no intent on going back there. That wasn’t the purpose of my post. Just genuine curiosity. Thank you all for the replies!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom