Question about cyklon 1st stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

suprasteve

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Signed up for some Tech classes recently and in the process of procuring gear I got some poseidon cyklon stuff. But of the 4 1st stages I bought, 2 are the same, 2 are different (the different ones are the same as each other, I bought these without attahed second stages). The 1st stages with the regs attached have the following markings: POSEIDON 3950 EN-250
The other two have these markings: POSEIDON SWEDEN 2305
The reg hose/inflator hose from the 3950s will not thread completely onto the 2305s, and the HP port on the 3950's is larger in diameter than the 2305's. Does anybody know what exactly the difference between these is? I'm guessing one's metric and the other is imperial or something, but I'm not sure. I need to get a 5'+ hose for the classes I signed up for, but I'm not sure which 1st stages it will fit, the problem there geing if it fits the 2305's I still don't have a pressure gage that will thread into them. Any ideas?

Yep, the hose adapters are what ya need; the #2305 1st stages actually have a "British Straight Pipe" (BSP) 1/8" thread, which is why the ports probably have "G1/8" stamped on the housing next to them.
The adapters needed to convert them to use 3/8" UNF LP & 7/16"UNF HP hoses should be part numbers 2415 & 2910 respectively ... but I see on the current parts list that one of those numbers may have changed. :confused:

Back when the 2305 first stages appeared on the market, Poseidon was one of the few single hose regs on the market & the current thread pitch & sizes weren't a set "industry standard" yet.

I was just given a Cyklon 300 reg in great condition, just serviced and everything. Where can I get the adapters you reference? My LDS says they can't order as they don't represent Poseidon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom