Question about changing out a hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Murphy in NC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I purchased the Mares Mission 2 gauge console.

I don't like the hose as it is stiff and too long.

I would like to swap out for a shorter flex hose.

I have attached a pic.

Can I pull the rubber boot off the bottom to expose the nut for attachment or is the boot permanent?

Thanks in advance

MRSM2.jpg

Might be easier to return the console and find another that is more user-friendly.

Usually, you bend the console at the base of the SPG and pull the SPG up out of the console....exposing the hose connection on its bottom. Change out the hose, push the SPG back into the console.

Dip the console in very hot water and its usually easier to push the spg out the front to access the hose.
This for absolutely sure! I was changing mine out late one nite and not having much luck. The rubber was to stiff to get the SPG to pop out and up. I had both feet wrapped around it and was pulling with both hands with appropriate grunts and curse words but it wasn't budging. Then my Wife walks by and says in "That Tone"....you know the snarky one that says you're an idiot and the only reason you've lasted this long is because of her......"run it under hot water for a few minutes". A few minutes later and now holding the console with a towel because it's hot and the gauge popped out easy.

Usually, you bend the console at the base of the SPG and pull the SPG up out of the console....exposing the hose connection on its bottom. Change out the hose, push the SPG back into the console.
This.
Dip the console in very hot water and it's usually easier to push the spg out the front to access the hose.
And this.

The material can be very stubborn and unforgiving at room temperature. A bit of hot water will help to soften it up a bit and should allow you to pop the SPG free much easier. Then slide it out enough to access the nut and you should be in business. Don't loose the spool when you disassemble. You'll need that. Check the o-rings, replace if needed. Add a small amount of o-ring lube and reassemble. Check for leaks before pulling it all back together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom