Question about B U D display

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmoore19

Denizen of the PUB
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just bought a BUD. i have started it, it goes through the self check, (it hasn't been wet yet) The first screen shows the time since activation on the top, 0 on the lower left and L3 on the lower right. I know the 0 is for depth (no dives yet) but I can't seem to find anything in the manual about what the L3 means.

That most likely the altitude setting (level 3) I guessing that was missed in the manual. No proof reading. You can call them at (800) 435-3483 or (866) 732-7877.

That most likely the altitude setting (level 3) I guessing that was missed in the manual. No proof reading. You can call them at (800) 435-3483 or (866) 732-7877.

You are probably right. That makes sense. It is supposed to compensate for altitude starting at 3000' and then every 1000' after that. I live at +/-5300' so Level 3 would be 3000-400=L1, 4000-5000=L2, 5000-6000=L3.

Thanks, it makes sense now. I will probably call them and bring it up. Maybe they can get it in the manual for the next run.

Thanks again.

Thanks Doug.

Thanks for straightening out the training class too. I will check that when I get home this evening.

Doug I think you have a different version of the manual then we do bud1.jpgbud2.jpgbud3.jpgbud4.jpg page 6 does not mention L3.

It is described on page 6... although it refers to a table on page ?? - we'll certainly need to address that.

It does not have anything about it in the manual I have either. I did read further back in the manual about the 3000' adjustment for altitude and the 1000' thereafter to 14,000'

@NCadiver, my manual looks like yours and doesn't say anything about the L3 that is in my display. I did call Oceanic and told them about it and they confirmed the L3 displayed had to do with altitude. But, like you it is not in my manual.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom