Queen Scuba II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buadhai

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Anyone seen it or have details?

The following was posted to Queen Scuba's FB page:

... we have now secured a second Liveaboard to operate in Thailand; which means we can move forward with our previous plans of Queen Scuba offering fantastic Liveaboard diving in Indonesia all year long.

We still have a few small details to wrap up, so we can not announce all details regarding the new Liveaboard for Thailand with this update, but we can assure you she is of the same high standard as Queen Scuba. She doesn’t have any standard cabins or master cabin, so all cabins will be VIP Double or VIP Twin share.
Guests and agents that have booked Queen Scuba 2011-2012 season already will have their bookings moved to Queen Scuba II.
Guests booked in standard cabins, will automatically be upgraded to VIP cabins with no extra charge.
Guests booked in Master cabin we hope are happy to downgrade to VIP and be reimbursed the difference in price.
Queen Scuba II will keep the same schedule as we have already published for Thailand 2011-2012.
We will also keep the same price for VIP cabins.
The only thing actually changing is the boat and we are sure everyone will be very happy with our new spacious vessel.

They sent a similar announcement to all of their agents. We'll have to wait for them to release more information. I believe that QSII is in the shipyard now, and if that's the still the case, really there's no practical way to have any more information than what has already been announced.

I do know what boat it is, but not permitted to say. The Queen Scuba will now be running year round in Indonesia, following the Mermaid 1, Mermaid 2 and Black Manta in that direction. The Indonesian authorities gave these boats an ultimatum as far as I understand - either stay here year round and get Indonesian registration, or **** off back to Thailand :) The Queen Scuba 2 will be another very nice boat, but no official confirmation has been made yet, as the message says "We still have a few small details to wrap up". Hope this is wrapped up soon.

Queen Scuba will not be sailing in Thailand this season. The alternative boat, my guess would be the former Viking of the Orient, fell through, so Queen Scuba is only offering Indonesia at the moment.

A big shame... the Queen Scuba owners felt that the quality of the boat(s) that they were looking at was not up to the standard of the Queen Scuba. Now I just hope they decide to build a new Queen Scuba II - that would be good!

Indeed. I had a wonderful time on Queen Scuba this past season and was looking forward to doing it again.

Indeed. I had a wonderful time on Queen Scuba this past season and was looking forward to doing it again.
Don't worry. We can look for another boat that will please you if you want to do another Similans trip this coming season. Maybe you'll end up with TWO favorites!

I do indeed. I'll get back to you privately on the arrangements. Probably want to do something in late January or February.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom