Quattro vs. Tusa's Platina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mako

Reaction score
I always hear about how good the Q's, no one aver talks about Tusa's Platina. Does anyone have any good or bad experience with the Platinas

The PLatina is a little below average in my opinion (you know what they say about opinions). The fin has a stiffer than normal blade. This is in part because of the additional renforcement on the front or top of the blade. The "Q" again in my opinion is a better design and provides better attitude throughout the kick cycle. My prefference in fins is biased towards the Apollo Bio-Fin Pro. I've had a couple of knee operations when I was in the military and I used Jet finns then and loved them. But now i'm alot older and not as strong as days gone by. So the Bio-Fin is the ticket for me.

The Platina's were the first fins I used (after nameless rentals). I actually liked them better than any other fin available at the time. i tried the Quattros, and while they did preform better than the Platinas I couldn't get the stupid buckle to stay closed (probably just me though). The Platinas foot pocket was more comfortable for me than the Quattos and the dual blades worked pretty well with a little flutter kick. (Plus...they looked really cool! hehe)

Then I tried the TwinJet fins, and will never go back to paddle fins again!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom