quattro vs. superchannel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe this month's Scuba Diving mag has both tested and rated both sets of fins.

That's where I saw the review on the Superchannel. I should have been more specific also, I was talking about the full foot version. I just wanted to know if there was a significant difference between the older model and the new and improved design from people who might have tried both.
Thanks
Joe B

Hey guys,

Yes the Superchannel is reviewed in this months Scuba Magazine. Much to our enthusiasm it was testers choice and best buy (open heel). Full foot received testers choice. Now your question re: the two full foot fins. The superchannel is a great fin for all recreational divers. Very easy on the legs/ankles, provides plenty of oomph for swimming in a moderate current, and also easy on the wallet. :) The quattro power full foot, is a super powerful fin for those that want a little extra go. Also many people will use it for freediving. While I don't think it is the best freediving fin, it certainly will work if your not interested in purchasing a dedicated pair of freediving long blade fins. I also understand the underwater hockey players prefer the quattro power. Explosive power, fast speed, good maneuverability, also has soft rails so no one gets too hurt while wrestling with a bunch of people, trying to hit a hockey puck, with a stick the size of a twig, 6' under, holding your breath. (hmmm?) Anyway, I hope this answers your question. Both fins are great, one basically has a little more go juice should you need it.

Zak

Thanks Zak. My wife and I both love our Quatros. I just was interested in the newer model.
I'll stick with the Quatros for now.

Joe B

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom