Quarry Lake--Austin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k-valve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone know anything about Quarry Lake...just N. of 183, near Braker? I was out there taking a look at it today...tempting. :14:

I've always wondered about that quarry, but I've never heard anyone diving it.

not a very compelling dive.

Yeah, jac and I and another diver went out. Vis was horrible, depth was only 30-40 ft although we heard there was another area in the quarry which was much deeper.

all in all it was a waste of time considering what we had to do to get in it...

Yeah, jac and I and another diver went out. Vis was horrible, depth was only 30-40 ft although we heard there was another area in the quarry which was much deeper.

That's disappointing. I heard it was deep...just rumors though. I didn't have any trouble getting in there today though...not at all.

Which end of the lake did you enter? It seems that there are only two places you wouldn't have to take a 10+' giant stride into the water...over by the Pure Austin kayak/swim area and directly across the lake from the Pure Austin kayak area.

Not sure about the vis, but I could easily see thru what I'd estimate to be the top 3-5 feet.

Or this could just be a story to keep the masses away from the biggest secret in Texas diving................

It has been such a long time. We did not jump the fence I don't believe. we geared up in some apartments behind the quarry. We then had to walk a considerable way - towards 183 to get lower so we could walk into the quarry. Still, not worth it but we did not cover the entire area so there might be something there.

Or this could just be a story to keep the masses away from the biggest secret in Texas diving................

:rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom