Quarantine Spearfishing Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jesus, you gonna get incoming for that vid. (Mostly from those who don't know how their hamburger got to their plate.)

I love spearfishing, take only what you need. No bycatch, no waste.

You free shafting? Wow.

This is the Underwater Hunting subforum. Ergo, there shouldn't be any blow back, other than perhaps some jealousy.

I know that CuzzA is going to eat those fish with his family. He didn't get greedy with his take (at least not in the video :wink:). He also put the fish out of their misery as quickly as he could, near as I could tell.

I am curious though about one thing. If you take the Male from his harem, what then replaces him? Does one of the females sex change? Does another male suddenly appear due to the opportunity? How about the consequence of taking the "strongest" fish?

This is the Underwater Hunting subforum. Ergo, there shouldn't be any blow back, other than perhaps some jealousy.

I know that CuzzA is going to eat those fish with his family. He didn't get greedy with his take (at least not in the video :wink:). He also put the fish out of their misery as quickly as he could, near as I could tell.

I am curious though about one thing. If you take the Male from his harem, what then replaces him? Does one of the females sex change? Does another male suddenly appear due to the opportunity? How about the consequence of taking the "strongest" fish?
Yep, I am not about wholesale slaughter. Just get what I need to feed the family. The only time I try to stock up a bit is in the fall as we're not usually diving January through March.

As for hogfish, another male will step in or a female will change sex. On the west coast of Florida we have a healthy hogfish population, but that is being threatened because hook and liners have learned how to catch them. It used to be just spearfishermen, but not anymore. For that reason I anticipate more regulations in the coming years. On the bright side the environment may benefit from this pandemic and a year or two, maybe more depending on how bad the recession is, will give everything a break from the pressures of humans.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom