quality of sea elite lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbg40

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone used, or know anything about the sea elite canister lights? Theey SEEM to be built well, at a pretty good price.

boomx5:
They are actually Salvo lights built by Barry Miller, so I would say they are very good quality.

wow! I had no idea. for the price I underseand it's a heck of a light. Thanks so much for your help!

dbg40:
Has anyone used, or know anything about the sea elite canister lights? Theey SEEM to be built well, at a pretty good price.

I've got one and used it a few times. Everyone seems to agree that they are made my Salvo; the canister is just like the one's on his web-site, the light-head is a little different since the sea-elite is not focusable.

I wish I could give you some objective comparisons to other lights, however, I don't have much first-hand experience with other HID's. I may get to see it side by side with other lights this weekend; if I do, I'll post a followup.

It seems plenty bright to me. It may have a bit wider beam compared to others' I have seen. My reg buddy has the same light; we are able to signal without any problems.

Glad to hear the good comments! I bought one yesterday, and should have it in the next couple of days. I just could not passup the price, $449.00 for a good quality can light is a steal, considering what comperable lights are going for. I was able to find a little more about the line, and its maker, and was pleasantly surprised to find they are made by the former designer for lighting for Halcyon. Seems like a win win!

Just got my new light, and it honestly looks better than I thought it would. The fit and finish is really very nice, and appears to be a well made unit. Im going to try it out tomorrow, and cant wait to see how it does. However, it came with no instruction, and a couple of extra fuses. I "assume" they go in at the light head connection, anyone know for sure?

dbg40:
I "assume" they go in at the light head connection, anyone know for sure?

Well, actually, I assumed they were the in-line fuses for the charger.

I got to use my light in a cave yesterday. I was happy with the way it lit things up, but I did not get to compare it to any of the "big" lights.

dbg40:
I was able to find a little more about the line, and its maker, and was pleasantly surprised to find they are made by the former designer for lighting for Halcyon. Seems like a win win!

Just a note: You may want to refrain from mentioning Barry Miller and "H" in the same breath.

...as you were

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom