Quadra Island B.C

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike & Darlene are retiring this year - moving to Campbell River (across the water from Quadra). No more lodge, but they will still take divers out (you stay at a local motel).

The other guys are still in business from what I've heard.

-S

Mike & Darlene are retiring this year - moving to Campbell River (across the water from Quadra). No more lodge, but they will still take divers out (you stay at a local motel).

The other guys are still in business from what I've heard.

-S

Yep thats what Mike was saying. I loved that lodge they had and Darlene was awsome for getting all the meals ready. If I had some spare time I think Mike wanted me to lay some bricks for him at his new place. For my first charter/lodge i really got spoilt with how well run it was and im going to have high expectations in the future :(. Mike and Darlene you guys rock. :D

Diving blood, Quadra has a better nightlife though, if you go with Abyssal, Earl will be your personal water taxi back from the bar, fun

JUMBO

Very nice, it is always good when you have someone experienced that can show you around. I have to get up there one of these days.

And just and FYI, there are wolf eels at Ansell for those that don't want to travel far to see one.

And just and FYI, there are wolf eels at Ansell for those that don't want to travel far to see one.

They are still there? cool..I will have to make a point of going and checking them out again. It's those darn stairs that keep me away.

They are still there? cool..I will have to make a point of going and checking them out again. It's those darn stairs that keep me away.

As of today, Thursday 2pm there was one there. I could not see the other and it did not come out to play. It was sleeping but I was able to get a decent look at it.

Those stairs... yup... walk them a few times a week and you will be in shape in no time at all or kill you.

I dont care how many wolf eels are at the bottom of ansell, those stairs are just brutal. the one time I went a free diver swam by me at about 120', it was different, I felt pretty weak

Suprising wolf eel dive, if you get a chance do dive hood canal at sund rock, I saw 6 wolf eels on one dive and one wolf eel was at 6' deep. that was pretty cool.

JUMBO

I haven't dove ansell, at the time, all my buddies dove twins and told me about the 'stairs'. Congrats on seeing your wolfeel so early, didn't see mine till dive 105. I did see my first six gill at dive 76 though. The rest of the group was bounce diving to see the sharks, and I was left to babysitting a new AOW on his 12th dive and WE ran into the six gill!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom