Q-Strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divmstr223

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just bought the Ocean Master Equalizer View 3 mask mainly because of the Q-Strap. I know it's been around for awhile but I was in need of a mask upgrade and this new Strap feature caught my eye.

Just received it in the mail and it's great!!! The mask is solid and well constructed, it feels like butter when I put it on...The Q-strap is cool...I can't wait to try it out in the ocean 2 weeks from now.

Who else has either the Q-Strap with a different mask, or an Ocean Master mask with it???

Interested on some comments about it :D

omre3.jpg

I bought the same mask for my OW class. I had it for the class and about 4 dives after that and promptly got rid of it. Why? Way too much volume to clear easily. It seemed like it took at least three good blows through my nose to completely clear the mask during the mask replacement drill in OW. Also, because of the volume, the glass was kind of far from my face and reduced my field of vision.

I have since moved on to a frameless mask and am much happier. Much, much easier to clear and I also like having a black skirt better. However, I did like the strap even though I am bald and don't need to worry about snagging my hair. So, I bought a neoprene slap stap for my new mask and could not be happier. YMMV.

Thanks for the input Swan.....I truly hope we disagree and I will love this mask. Otherwise, I guess I can chalk it up as another bad purchase....:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom