[Q] Good food in Lembeh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pains

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I and my wife are planning to visit Lembeh this June. Already looked into this board but could not find which one to go with.

We do not expect 5 star room but make much of food. We will be happy with indonesian food if it's like Bali. Higher budget resort would serve good food but the package price is almost double. Could you recommend us good food resort with mid to low budget?

I don't know what your budget is, or what you consider medium to low . . . but we stayed at Kungkungen Bay Resort, and I thought the food was very good. There was a spectrum of American and Indonesia dishes which I thought gave us a lot of choices. None of it was haute cuisine, but it was tasty, attractive, and filling. I am a food snob and get grumpy when not well fed; I did not think the food at Tasik Ria was good, but I liked KBR.

3 years ago we stay at Black Sand Dive Retreat... if it's still the same cheef - the food will be excellent.
You can see on of the dishes on the my photoreport from this place Ëåìáåõ
It's small hotel - just 6 bungalows and located on directly on the black sand beach...

Indeed, KBR food is good - you select from the menu list. They will also accomodate your specific request. For us (local) the meal initially a bit bland although for other people can be too spicy; but then after my wife went to the kitchen, we get exactly spicy food to our taste. My weight increased 2 kg in 5 days.
However, I will not say KBR is mid to low budget.
One night at budget incl. 3 meals and free coffe/tea in Lembeh will cost you 15 - 50 USD/pax.
Lunch & dinner buffet at low budget accomodation (such as 2fish) typically consist of rice, stir fried vegy, fish or chicken (occasionaly beef), fried tempe / tofu, sambal (chilly sauce), fruit (typically pineaple, or papaya or water melon or banana).
Certainly not gourmet, many people like it but I know few people complain.
Still, my weight increase 1.5 kg after 4 days there.

Sorry for confusing you with my budget. At first I thought that there are hundreds of diving resorts in Lembeh but now I know that there are around 10 diving resorts.

Mid to low budget means that I want to exclude KBR, Kasawari, Lembeh resort. These three resorts have good reputataion but beyond my wallet.

Excellent food at Bastianos!!! I think it is a very good value resort. It is not splash but certainly is not bare bones either.

Divers Lodge Lembeh!
Food is good and plentiful.
Diving service is outstanding. I went there last year and I am going back in a couple of days!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom