Putting togeter a wet rig... Jets size question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I dive dry. DUI, Rock boots, turtles - its all good.

As much as it pains me to say, I'm putting together a wet rig. Dry diving just doesn't work well in all situations - so I'm piecing together a wet rig.

I'll be diving 5mm booties (size 9) over my 8.5 babyfeets. For Jets and springs ( uave the springs) do I want medium or Large sized fins?

Thanks!

---
Ken

Wouldn't it be best to take those 5mm booties, go to your local LDS and fit them to a set of Jets?

trying on first is best, but I can ALMOST guarantee you'll be in a size large for SP jets.
I just went through the whole refitting thing, I wear a size 10, and wear 7mm hardsole boots. The large size did go on, but were quite a bit too tight, and had to go to the XL which fit perfectly so.... Theres a thread that was up not long ago about SP Jet sizes, foot/boot size and what others were wearing. Good info there if you can find the thread.

Hi Mo2vation,

I'm a 9.5 us Nike and I use a 5mm seaquest superzip bootie. I fit fine into a size L for my jet fin and I would think u would fit fin in a large too.

Cheers,
SangP

Woah, so although Ken is a shorty, my feet arent much bigger - only 2 sizes :wink: See kidspot's thread on jet sizing, i think L would be fine, that size fits me with a 5mm bootie, although mine arent quite jets, but very close. My ex had mediums and her feet were size 7 womens, which i think is a 6 mens if that gives you some idea how small the mediums go.

Welcome to the wet side??? Are you planning more trips back here to the wet diving areas where its nice and warm to do such dives?

Take your boot to a shop like Hollywood Divers and try a fit, they have all sizes of Jets in stock. They won't pressure you to buy, but they were cool and brought the price down to make it worthwhile for me to buy my fins from them vs. online. I have a XXL with my size 12 Hendersons and its a perfect fit. The pocket was a little loose with my soft sole booties.

simbrooks:
...Welcome to the wet side??? Are you planning more trips back here to the wet diving areas where its nice and warm to do such dives?

We'll be back in your area after Jaye gets out of school in June. Probably in late July / August again.

See you then!

Ken

unless you have extremely thick soles on your boots, I would agree that the Large should be a good fit. Mediums end about size 7-8 and XL starts about size 9-10... puts you right in the middle for the Large :)

Have fun diving wet for a change...

Aloha, Tim

P.S. if it helps here's the list mentioned above http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scubaboard/fincomparison.html Also if you've not used Jets before (only turtles) you may find them a bit stiffer than you are used to.

I dive with XLs in my size 9 wet boots..

Mo2vation:
I dive dry. DUI, Rock boots, turtles - its all good.

As much as it pains me to say, I'm putting together a wet rig. Dry diving just doesn't work well in all situations - so I'm piecing together a wet rig.

I'll be diving 5mm booties (size 9) over my 8.5 babyfeets. For Jets and springs ( uave the springs) do I want medium or Large sized fins?

Thanks!

---
Ken

Not that this helps you directly, but it might help someone else out there: This is another reason NOT to go with rock boots. I use the same size fin for either booties when wet (which I will never do again!) or dry with turbo soles. Something to think about.

Back
Top Bottom