Putting gear together

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrgonz

Registered
Reaction score
Hello All,
I just got back from Leisure Pro. I bought a dive system and a few other things. Now, the problem is that since they were closing I forgot to have them assemble my gear (first stage to computer hoses, LP hose). I have all the tools needed to assemble the gear and of course the instructions from the owners manuals. Is it safe for me to put together the things myself? Going back to the store would definitely be a hassle.

Thanks,
Gonz

mrgonz:
Hello All,
I just got back from Leisure Pro. I bought a dive system and a few other things. Now, the problem is that since they were closing I forgot to have them assemble my gear (first stage to computer hoses, LP hose). I have all the tools needed to assemble the gear and of course the instructions from the owners manuals. Is it safe for me to put together the things myself? Going back to the store would definitely be a hassle.

Thanks,
Gonz

I asume this is suposed to hit every nerve at the same time?

Yes. I just changed all my hoses out yesterday. Like changing a light bulb. Just twist it into the first stage by hand until the hose stops turning, then snug it a bit with a wrench. Make SURE you don't cross-thread or overtighten the hoses. That could result in you having to replace your first stage.

[asking this veeeery carefully] You mean the people at LP didn't just offer (or just do it) to put it together? I wouldn't shop there again.

mrgonz:
Going back to the store would definitely be a hassle.
You don't yet know the meaning of hassle.

Wait 'til you screw the pooch trying to put it all together, THEN take it back to the store and try to get them to un-screw the situation or return your money.

THATS hassle.

mrgonz:
Hello All,

Thanks,
Gonz
You'r new to diving and when your 80' underwater you want to be sure everything is correct. Go back to the store. They will be glad to help.

I remember the day I was divemastering at the pool, we are handing out gear for the students, and one guy has a bag full of boxes. He had ordered from Leisure Pro, then thought we would assemble everything for him and his wife, right there on the spot, so he could use it. He was a little disappointed when they had to use our shop equipment that day. Had he even mentioned it before the classroom portion began, I may (or may not) have gotten it put together for them. When we were ready to get into the pool was the wrong time for him to start thinking about it.

Juls

Back
Top Bottom