Wanted (PURCHASED) 2021 2X/3X Aqualung Fusion Bullet with AirCore, Men's Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fly to western Europe and you can buy one for about 40% to 50% less than what the suit costs in the US, and even with the cost of the flight you will potentially save some money.

Fusion Bullet retails for 1600 euros (including tax) in Belgium...often discounted between 10% and 20%...you could probably claim the tax (VAT) and get it refunded at the airport.

-Z

UPDATE: The suit was 10% off so the final price was $1,356.56 and shipping via FedEx was $65.70. No VAT added, either!

I wonder what the US dive shops pay wholesale to Aqualung?

Fly to western Europe and you can buy one for about 40% to 50% less than what the suit costs in the US, and even with the cost of the flight you will potentially save some money.

Fusion Bullet retails for 1600 euros (including tax) in Belgium...often discounted between 10% and 20%...you could probably claim the tax (VAT) and get it refunded at the airport.

-Z

Just ordered it for $1,507 and $65 FedEx shipping to arrive in 7-10 days. I'll even get cash back from my credit card.

Thanks for the idea. I'll update this post with pictures when it arrives. I just saved $892.

--c

It has left the shop and I have a tracking number. So, it took the store a week to get the suit and it will probably take 7-10 days to arrive at my location in the US.

I will assume that it will be in the box, will be genuine, and what I ordered so my question to everyone is, "why didn't we order our stuff internationally before? I'm saving over $1,000 on this suit AND it will come with a full Aqualung warranty. I understand the LDS has its place for those that are new to the industry, need advice, or those that just don't trust Europeans (LOL), but I know what I want as it's an replacement for me and getting the best price is a priority. I never even got this kind of pricing when I was working at a dive shop!

Report back on what you get hit with for duty. I have a professional interest in it (I’m a customs broker).

I'm finding a range of $65 to $125 but am okay with whatever it is as it still will be less expensive. I also don't live in a state with sales tax

I'm finding a range of $65 to $125 but am okay with whatever it is as it still will be less expensive. I also don't live in a state with sales tax

State sales tax has nothing to do with imports.

I know but depending upon where this suit was made if it was made in the United States and sent to Europe and then they're sending it back to me the only thing that I might have to pay would be sales tax

I know but depending upon where this suit was made if it was made in the United States and sent to Europe and then they're sending it back to me the only thing that I might have to pay would be sales tax

State sales tax does not apply on imports. I do this stuff for a living. If country of origin (manufacture) was the US, and you bought it from Europe and it shipped from Europe, duties would not apply.

Non-US origin, shipped from Europe, duties will apply.

Edit: if you choose to self-report online purchases to your state, and they assess sales tax on that, that's your choice. State sales tax is otherwise unrelated to imports.

As far as I can find, Aqualung USA makes items in France and Mexico, but there might be US manufacturing also. I haven't found anywhere yet where the suit I bought was manufactured...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom