Punta Sur, Grey Sharks, Aldora, Edgar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prop Joe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Great week diving with Aldora, DM Edgar, Captain Luis. This was Thursday the 17th of July. Getting better with the camera, but would have been better tweaking F stop instead of shutter speed on these, I think....

Edit: Warning: This is an advanced dive due to depth and location. Do not expect this dive without ever diving with Aldora or any other operation for that matter. They will need to check your skills before going here to find these critters.

It was also great to dive with a great group of divers we had on our boat the first few days that included three divers from the Maryland area plus Harvey and the infamous Jeff H. I had heard so much about in the past. Jeff is a gentlemen and a scholar. I look forward to diving with him again.
I/we had the family of eight at Villa Aldora. Everyone had a great time. I'd like to have a family trip like this every year. Best of times with family, ever...
Really!

Last edited:
I don't think camera settings would have made much difference in this situation. It's deep with poor natural light & too far away for most strobes to light. If you shot in RAW & are good with Photoshop you can improve them but it will take a bit of time. Not counting that sounds like a great week of diving / enjoying Cozumel.

Glad to hear you had a good time Joe. Thanks for posting the pix, I always like seeing the sharks. Would love to see them in person, but unfortunately life got in the way and we don't get to make our normal summer trip this year. Still planning the normal winter trip though.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Which part of Punta Sur where you at? How deep?

I got vid of these guy a day or two before or after your pics and it came out exactly like your photos. Usually my vids have a little more color and clarity than my still but not this time.
[video=youtube_share;TR9T3V3Zw1A]http://youtu.be/TR9T3V3Zw1A[/video]
I hope it posted, this is my first time trying this.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Which part of Punta Sur where you at? How deep?

My pleasure. This was right at the beginning, just as we dropped in. Deep... More than 100', less than recreational limits.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures. It's been awhile since we have been diving. About 2 years. I broke my femur 2 years ago and had surgery, now I have to have my knee replacement replaced due to the femur break which loosened my old knee replacement. Hopefully I will be able to dive again next year. I miss Cozumel and Aldora.

About 2 years. I broke my femur 2 years ago and had surgery, now I have to have my knee replacement replaced due to the femur break which loosened my old knee replacement.

once again...never happens to me :D

Well I would hope so....

These Pics are from my new friend Jeff H

What a great group we had for a few days!!!

Pics of me taking pics

---------- Post added July 27th, 2014 at 03:54 PM ----------

Thanks for the pictures. It's been awhile since we have been diving. About 2 years. I broke my femur 2 years ago and had surgery, now I have to have my knee replacement replaced due to the femur break which loosened my old knee replacement. Hopefully I will be able to dive again next year. I miss Cozumel and Aldora.

I've had both of my hips done. 17cm of titanium in each femur. Titanium cups in my pelvis along with some nasty looking screws holding the cups in place.
My 77 year old, pilot, dive buddy has had both knees replaced three time on each knee. Hes not the greatest diver but he gets better with every trip to Cozumel and getting tips from the Aldora DM's.
Do the rehab, push yourself and you'll be back in the water in no time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom