Pulling head through face opening? OK?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pseudocyber

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
NewB question - I have a Pinnacle hood and was messing around with it - is it OK to pull your head through the face opening, so the hood slides down around your neck?

I've seen it a couple of times on TV (Deep Sea Detectives and other shows) - but I don't want to mess up my hood if I'm doing something stuipid.

Is this common practice - to pull your hood down around your neck by putting your head through the face opening?

Thanks.

OK....you are talking about once the hood is on....then say after a dive temp pulling it down....not a problem on a standard cut full hood. Now there are a few cold water/ice hoods that have rather 'small' face openings and I have one...would not recomm. sticking your head thru the small face opening on those.

Yes - after its on. I assume it's standard, full cut. It's a Merino 5mm here.

You would be just fine. Good luck in your diving....be safe and have fun.

Hi, I pull my face through as well, especially usefull if you want to put your mask strap under your hood. (Less likely to loose your mask in "rough" water and less entanglement hazard if I believe the cave diving people).

Yes - after its on. I assume it's standard, full cut. It's a Merino 5mm here.

Should be OK, I do that often with my chicken hood......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom