Pulau Weh Dive Centres

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NL1983

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My girlfriend and I want to go diving on Pulau Weh

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I visited in November - had a great time - and did not notice any of the issues that seemed to have been raised .....

What state was the house reef in and the corals in general around Pulau Weh?

The house reef - like many shallow reefs has seen damage and looked quite different to what we remembered from previous visits. Mostly, we believe due to the bleaching which occurred everywhere in this region and also some high and erratic tide behavior too. We still enjoyed pottering around with our cameras however and got lots of great images of the weird and wonderful.

The reefs visited on boat dives were still in great condition, plentiful, rich and colorful.

Times are-a changin'... since you were diving with Lumba², Nick.
Dived that house reef in august, I don't think it's worth anymore, that was terrible.

Hi guys,

Just got back to KL from P.Weh today and have to agree with Ayesha whole-heartedly. I think the house reef at Gapang (Lumba2) may well
have started me on the weird and wonderfull. To the point that I actually looked forward to getting the morning boat dive out of the way for
a lazy beach dive - Not to take credit away from the boat dives, ripping currents and hungry GT's are always fun.... ; )

I'm sure the old hands like Luko have seen the place in a much better state, but to the uninitiated like myself and my partner the focus
was all on the cool little stuff. Just coming back in from a lengthy dive we sucked our tanks dry one day after discovering Rhinopias, Rhobust
pipefish, flying gurnard and 15+ lionfish in no more than 5 sq metres. Photo heaven and so relaxing.

Just pray the Remora at the little wreck has found something bigger to stick onto by now... fun times.

Back
Top Bottom