Pulau Seribu>Java Sea???????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

menadodiver

Registered
Reaction score
Dear divebuddies,leaving to Jakarta end of November does anybody have information or suggestions about this dive location:pulau seribu in front of the cost of Jakarta, please reply,yours sincerly,

I have looked up some info on Pulau Seribu on the internet. I don't know much about these islands at all but I would say if you have to go through Jakarta you should be careful. Things are quite hot over at the moment because of the air strikes on Afghanistan. The Muslim community is threatening action if the strikes are not stopped by Ramadhan in mid-November.

hi menadodiver

i agree with keralucu. jakarta is rather shaky right now. i have american friends in the city who have already made plans for evacuation once things get too hot. i've also read reports that many expats have already left, not wanting to stick around any longer.

my advice is to monitor the news on indonesia regularly, or if you have contacts in the city, ask them to send you updates every now and then.

i doubt you'll be able to do any diving if there's unrest, especially if you need to go thru jakarta.

If you're going to Jakarta, I suggest diving in Sunda Straits instead of the Thousand Islands. Usually, dive shops in Jakarta have trips to Sunda Straits as well. DiveMaster @ Hilton Hotel (62-21-5703600), Jakarta. AquaSport @ Jl. Bangka (62-21-7981076). Blue Bubbles @ Cilandak Sport Center.

However, I recalled - I wasn't able to do any dive during Nov-Jan because of the weather.

Ray

I dove several times in Pulau seribu...in the late 80s!
If you do make it there I recommend Pulau Matahari.
Once you're there, the best diving is a small uninhabited (back then) island called Pulau Cina. You can easily find transport there once you're on your island.
Papa Theo is another good one.
But please avoid a boat called Leonardo 2. Good luck!
Allan

Hey there Kid my plan was to go end of November but because of privat circumstanses I have to delay until January.I would like to ask the trip from Ancol to Pulau where did you book?But anyway thanks for the info I have been told Zepa is also nice,Greetings,

That's a long-long time ago. We're not talking about diving mecca here, where dive operation and local people guard their water very well. It's almost 20 years ago, and things have changed a lot in the form of Jakarta polution, over-fishing and saltwater fish aquarium business. Diver has to go to the farthest islands from the bay of Jakarta to have good diving. I dove Kotok & Karya islands (Pulau Seribu area) several times in 1997 & 1998, and the only significant found was 2 families of banner fish with moms and dads about the size of folio paper and kids about the size of my watch. Of course I was a beginner, was still too busy looking at my gears than my surrounding, but most divers in Jakarta would agree that Sunda straits is better than Pulau Seribu. Yes, sometimes the current is a little bit rough, but it's worth it. There are many islands there, but the highlight is Sangiang island, Rakata island (volcano: Krakatau) and the islands in cape Ujung Kulon.

ray

Hi

I don't know if you'll still be checking this. However the only dive company that I recommend (I have a dive co in Bali) in Jakarta is called Kristal Klear Dive - they are located at the Kristal Hotel in SW Jakarta. Their e-mail is kkdtour@indosat.net.id.

Annabel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom