Pulau Aur

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tom_kkh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have been diving in Tiomen which is great diving site.

Never been to Aur b4, any kind soul to share how is the diving sites in Aur compare to Tiomen?

Any "special" stuff u might see in Aur but not Tiomen.

Thanks for sharing

There is not really much difference between the two in terms of diving IMHO. Viz, temp, marine life, coral, etc. are all about the same. "Special stuff" at both places depends on luck and skill. We've seen frog fish, scorpion leaf fish, ornate ghost pipe fish, etc. at Aur but I am sure with careful searching at Tioman you will see them there too. It is a quieter place than Tioman, at least most resorts. One tends to use speakers a little too loud and late.

There is not really much difference between the two in terms of diving IMHO. Viz, temp, marine life, coral, etc. are all about the same. "Special stuff" at both places depends on luck and skill. We've seen frog fish, scorpion leaf fish, ornate ghost pipe fish, etc. at Aur but I am sure with careful searching at Tioman you will see them there too. It is a quieter place than Tioman, at least most resorts. One tends to use speakers a little too loud and late.

Yepp, I agree. I've been to both islands, and I do like both. Aur is not that busy, the nicer Tioman spots may be occupied with 7 or more boats already when you arrive.

Yepp, I agree. I've been to both islands, and I do like both. Aur is not that busy, the nicer Tioman spots may be occupied with 7 or more boats already when you arrive.

Thanks guys, am looking forward to this coming friday for my trip....

Back
Top Bottom